Here are the supplies we had on hand:
- Clear Plastic Fill-able Ornaments
- Plastic Sea Animal Figures
- String of any kind for hanging
- Blue tinted Glue (or glitter glue to add sparkle)
- Yellow or any color Sand
- Thin thread (for handing sea creature)
- Scotch tape
- Green Sharpie
- Paint brush
- First thing we did was tie the sea creatures on thread long enough that we could trim the string after we were all finished up.
- The kids took green sharpies to color green sea grass on the outside of the ornaments for extra affect.
- We painted the inside of the ornament (you can take the ornaments apart to do this easily) with the blue glitter glue.
- We were able to sprinkle some colored sand on parts of the inside bottoms of each ornament to represent the ocean floor.
- Then we place the thread between the 2 open sides of the ornament (this took 2 people; one to hold both sides of the ornament and one to hold the thread in the spot where you want your sea creature to hand inside the ornament.)
- Once the 2 ornament sides are snapped into place, we placed clear scotch tape over the seams to just give it an extra seal.
- Last step is to put pretty string in the hole at the top of the ornament so you can hang it from your tree! (Or on your kitchen cupboard knob where mine is currently hanging, ha)
After we finished our ornament, we had a nice relaxing movie time with this DVD!
Ocean Adventures, Volume 1